Do I have a Substance Abuse Problem?
At a certain point, every person must look themselves in the mirror and ask the tough question, “Am I an addict?”
The following questions can help you decide whether you need to make the call. Be honest with yourself, and reach out to us if you need help. With our support, you’ll take control of your life and find the good health and happiness you deserve.
Do you use drugs or alcohol each day?
- Have you ever missed work because of drugs or alcohol? Include times when you were busy procuring drugs, “forgot” to go to work, or lost track of what day or time it was.
- Do you spend free time with people who are into drugs or alcohol and use them regularly?
- Have you ever deliberately taken prescription medications in order to get high?
- Have you ever tried to stop drinking or using drugs but found that you could not stop?
- Have you ever experienced a blackout when using drugs or alcohol?
- Do you ever feel the need afterwards to apologize for your conduct while using drugs or alcohol?
- Do you get drunk or high while alone?
- Have any of your family or friends ever suggested to you that you may be overusing drugs or drinking too much?
- Are there things you love to do but have stopped doing because you are drunk or high?
- Do you wake up with an immediate need for drugs or alcohol?
If your answer to any of these questions is yes, you may have a problem. If you answered yes to more than half the questions, you most likely need the kind of help our drug rehab or alcohol treatment programs can offer. If you live in Hollywood, call us immediately at (754) 273-6079; we want to help you find happiness and stability again in your life.